Jhansi One Day ItenaryJhansi is located in the heart of Bundelkhand region and is famous for the historical sites, forts, monuments of historical importance. Churches and temples, lakes and gardens, the historical monuments and forts are some of the must-see places here in Jhansi. A visit to these historical sites encapsulates the various facets of Indian history right from the time of Pratiharas, Guptas, the medieval times, the British Era. It is needless to say here that the focus in all the places is around the life and times of Rani Lakshmi Bai and her struggle against the British to restore the kingdom of Jhansi.
Jhansi is on the itenary list of visitors to Khajuraho, Gwalior and the nearby town of Orchha. The best way to do it is cover the places in Jhansi before proceeding to places around Jhansi like Orchha, Barua Sagar, etc. Here's what the city of Jhansi has in offer.
Accommodation in Jhansi
One can find a wide range of options for accommodation in Jhansi. Different categories ranging from budget hotels to mid-range hotels and 3 star hotels are available here. Food choices are many too. The streets are dotted with restaurants and eateries of all kinds and to suit every taste bud.
Suggested Itenary for One Day Trip in Jhansi
Since the idea is to see as many places possible within one day it will be convenient for you to either hire a cab or take a rickshaw to various points around the town. The old Jhansi town can be covered in the first half of the day reserving the next half for other destinations.
Considering the expanse of the place, it is suggested that you reach here by 10 am. The site map at the entrance of the Fort will give you an idea of the points to be covered that includes the two temples-Ganesha and Shiva temple, Panch Mahal, the canons, etc. You should be out of the fort, latest by 12 noon.
To know more about Jhansi Fort Click here
- Proceed towards Rani Mahal that is also located close to the Fort. To know more about Rani Mahal Click here
- A pit stop at Raja Gangadhar Rao ki Chattri and Lakshmi Tal which is located beside the monument would have given you a quick round up of the old Jhansi town. To know more about Gangadhar Rao ki Chattri Click here
- You may now proceed to Mahalakshmi Temple for the Darshan and take a look at the architecture of the place.
- A visit to the Government Museum that houses innumerable paintings, objects of the past will give you a quick round up about the rich history that the region of Bundelkhand has in offer.
- Other places like Jhokan Bagh, Narayan Bagh Rani Lakshmi Bagh are among the other points that can be covered while on the go.
A stroll along the streets of Manik Chowk, local shopping before you retire for the day will sum up the points of interest within Jhansi town.