Jhansi Nagar Nigam
Jhansi Nagar Nigam was established under the provisions of the Uttar Pradesh Municipal Corporations Adhiniyam of 1959, making necessary amendments from time to time. It has been categorized as Urban Local Body under the provisions of the 74th Amendment of the Constitution, where the rights duties, functions and administration have been streamlined as per the act.
Departments of Jhansi Nagar Nigam
The Nagar Nigam has various general functions such as providing basic infrastructure such as roads, street lights, maintenance of roads, providing basic health and educational centres, etc. The following Departments are under the jurisdiction of the Jhansi Nagar Nigam
- Tax- property taxes, advertisement taxes etc.
- Civil- which primarily includes Mechanical and engineering departments.
- Health- primary health centers, municipal hospitals etc.
- Water Supply
- Garden and Horticulture-maintenance of public gardens, parks bettering their facilities.
- Birth/Death Registration- Registration of birth and Death, and issuing respective certificates to the heirs/guardians within the stipulated time.
- Accounting- Maintenance of accounts, annual returns and balance sheet.
Jhansi Nagar Nigam Services
The services provided by the Nagar Nigam can broadly be divided into civic, health and sanitation and can be summed up as:
- Providing Sanitation facilities
- Cleaning and maintenance, repairs of public roads
- Street lighting facilities
- Making Government schemes, vaccinations, medicines available to the public through the primary health centers and Municipal hospitals.
- Removal and disposal of dead carcass, dead bodies.
- Securing the green trees, release proceedings of dangerous and dried trees and planting saplings to promote greenery.
Funds for Municipal Council in Jhansi
The funds for uninterrupted flow of work in the Nagar Nigam come from sources such as advertisement taxes, business taxes, etc. Taxes collected from lease and license, money collected from issue of certificates such as death and birth are some of the streams of revenue flow.
Online Services by Jhansi Nagar Nigam
Jhansi Nagar Nigam has launched online services for the benefit of the citizens which include
- Filing of property tax-this includes assessment of taxes as per the ward, calculation and filing of property taxes.
Certificates: Application of Death/ birth certificates along with the
stipulated fee can be made within the specific time frame.
Contact Jhansi Nagar NigamNagar Nigam Jhansi
Jhansi Ho, Jhansi-284001
Contact No.: 0510-2332097
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0